Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Imitation of Life

I love that movie! "Imitation of Life" The first time I saw it, I was a teenager. It made me cry and I really liked the movie, but I did not understand the title. It wasn't until I watched it in my 30's that I understood. Wow! How profound that title is!

Lately, I keep thinking about how so many people around me seem to be living an "imitation of life". It's just my perception, I'm sure. But what makes those lives seem "charmed"?

My life is blessed in many ways! But I wouldn't call it a charmed life. Whenever I think I would like to have an easier life, I have to remember that each of life's trials and tribulations has made me better and stronger than before. Real life includes struggles of all kinds - even pain and suffering. Real life is not supposed to be without suffering.

My mama used to say, "Pain is part of life. You may as well get used to it!" Hmmm...
As a child I thought she was just being mean. Turns out she was just giving us fair warning.

This, too, shall pass.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment