Friday, March 12, 2010

Rain is Way Better Than Snow!

It's a rainy day and is supposed to be rainy all weekend. That's okay with me, though, as long as it's not snow! Like the snow, rain is most fun when observing from inside. I have noticed, however, that I don't mind being out in the rain as much as I used to. I used to ALWAYS keep an umbrella in my car because you just never know when it might rain. I wouldn't want to be unprepared. But I gave up umbrellas a few years ago. Somehow, learning to camp in the rain with children takes away the fear of getting soaked. Turns out I am not made of sugar and will not be ruined by the rain. It really doesn't hurt to stand in the rain. Sometimes it's even fun. I really don't mind walking in the rain as I go from my car to wherever. I don't run and cover my head with my purse or whatever. I just walk at a brisk pace and smile the whole time, knowing that I really do dry out and so do my clothes.

Driving in the rain is still no fun, but that's another story.

1 comment:

  1. I like rainy days, not sure why :-)
    Have a great weekend Grace.

    ReplyDelete