Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yay Me!!!

This year I have been working on eating healthy. Sounds good, right? But I have had a really bad relationship with food for practically my whole life. It's a love affair gone bad sort of thing.

Anyway, I have been researching cookbooks and online recipes and nutrition sites. I've been experimenting with recipes and planning my daily meals and snacks and recording everything I eat. All the while I have had in mind to develop my own diet plan. (or healthy lifestyle plan, since "diet" is no longer in my vocabulary.) I am, also, creating my own healthy recipes to go along with my new healthy eating program.

Well, today I had a big breakthrough! I have developed an actual meal plan! Now I can use this plan to guide me through the tedious, wretched task of planning my meals. Instead of making it up as I go along, I have actual guidelines and meal suggestions to help me make that horrid decision of what to eat today.

Now I have to follow and document and track my weight to see how it actually works, and tweak as needed.

I'm really psyched! Oh, and so far I have lost 12 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. So how's the 'plan' working, Grace? I need to lose 35-40 lbs.and could use a good plan. :)

    Thanks for your comment about Longwood Gardens. When I took that pic in 2000, it was only 2 or 3 months after moving to the DC area. I had spent the night in Amish-land at Lancaster and after going through the Gardens, drove on down to Brandywine and took in the Weyth gallery. It was fun, even it was by myself. :)

    However, every year I lived in DC, on a Sunday in December I would drive up the Longwood to see the Christmas lights.. As you know, it's only a couple of hours, so I'd get there just before dark and then still drive back home that night. Loved it!!!! Miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete